103: Automotive Locksmithing

$165.00

Instructor:
Sven K. Hellwig, Sr., CRL, Sven K. Hellwig, Jr.,
Paul J. Kline, RL John Paul Williams, CRL

Date & Time:
Wednesday, September 25, 2024 – 8 am to 5:00 pm

Cost per Student:
$165.00 thru August 23, 2024
$208.00 after August 23, 2024

Certificate: A GPLA certificate suitable for framing will be awarded to each student.

Description:
This class is geared for the novice to intermediate automotive locksmith and will cover the origination of standard and high security automotive and motorcycle keys from start to finish. 40% of this class will be lecture and demonstration, the other 60% will be hands-on. Students will receive detailed instructions on key origination through multiple methods and using a wide variety of equipment and machines, from the old-school methods to the most modern high-tech programmers, decoders, software and more. Students will work one-on-one and in small teams with four of the most qualified and experienced vehicle lock techs/instructors in the region. Between them, they have over a century of experience and have successfully made keys for thousands of nearly every make and model vehicle. Various tools, equipment, automotive apps and other software will be discussed and demonstrated, including:

  • 10 different models of programing equipment on display and for hands-on demonstration
  • 5 different code cutting machines
  • All of the available Lishi picks, plus AccuReaders, Kobra Readers and others
  • Various different cloning units
  • Cool tools and tricks will be demonstrated and discussed

Bonus: Bring your car that needs an extra key; you will decode it, cut and program your own key for FREE
(limited number, first come-first serve). Contact one of the Svens at 215-442- 9191 with your vehicle info.
Student requirements – An open mind with a huge storage capacity and a notepad for the overload! Every
student taking this class will be a winner! A couple of students will be lucky winners of Lishi tools and other
giveaways.

About the instructors::
Sven K. Hellwig Sr., CRL is an old-school general locksmithing expert with 39 years auto experience and the
owner and operator of SKH Locksmiths & Security LLC / 1-800-WEUNLOCK shop and mobile service, services
multiple autos and motorcycles a month. Currently serves on the GPLA Board of Directors, Convention General
Chairman and instructor for many years. Sven is a two-time Herman Henssler Jr. and Lee Rognon Award
recipient.
Sven K. Hellwig Jr. is a general locksmithing and motorcycle expert with lifelong exposure to locksmithing, 10
years auto and bike experience, 7 years electronic experience. Sven is one of the few locksmith techs in the
country that can EEProm and generate high security motorcycle and other vehicle keys from manufacturers like
Ducati, Aprillia, KTM’s, Moto Guzi, Vespa and others. Partner and co-operator SKH Locksmiths & Security LLC /
1-800- WE-UNLOCK, main auto tech servicing 50+ motorcycles and dozens of cars per month. GPLA shop
member and instructor.
Paul J. Kline, RL is a general locksmithing, auto and Lishi expert with lifelong exposure to locksmithing. Paul
has over 28 years automotive experience, is the owner and operator of Lightning Locksmith Mobil Service
servicing 50+ cars and motorcycles per month. Paul is known for being a regional expert with the Lishi tool, so
ask him many questions and pick his brain so that you can do the same. Currently serving as GPLA Board of
Director, is a GPLA Instructor and Herman Henssler Jr. Award recipient.
John Paul Williams, CRL is a general locksmithing and auto (GM & other models) expert with over 23 years
automotive experience, owner and operator of Answered Prayer Locksmithing operating multiple mobile service
vehicles out of the Lancaster area, servicing dozens of cars (all makes & models) monthly. Currently serving as
GPLA Board of Director, GPLA Convention Education Chairman for many years now, is a GPLA instructor and
Herman Henssler Jr. Award recipient. John doesn’t only work magic with automotive vehicles, he is also quite
an accomplished magician, ask him to show you a trick or two and allow him to amaze you.

Start: 09/25/2024
From: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
×

103: Automotive Locksmithing #1

$165.00

Description

Instructor:
Sven K. Hellwig, Sr., CRL, Sven K. Hellwig, Jr.,
Paul J. Kline, RL John Paul Williams, CRL

Date & Time:
Wednesday, September 25, 2024 – 8 am to 5:00 pm

Cost per Student:
$165.00 thru August 23, 2024
$208.00 after August 23, 2024

Certificate: A GPLA certificate suitable for framing will be awarded to each student.

Description:
This class is geared for the novice to intermediate automotive locksmith and will cover the origination of standard and high security automotive and motorcycle keys from start to finish. 40% of this class will be lecture and demonstration, the other 60% will be hands-on. Students will receive detailed instructions on key origination through multiple methods and using a wide variety of equipment and machines, from the old-school methods to the most modern high-tech programmers, decoders, software and more. Students will work one-on-one and in small teams with four of the most qualified and experienced vehicle lock techs/instructors in the region. Between them, they have over a century of experience and have successfully made keys for thousands of nearly every make and model vehicle. Various tools, equipment, automotive apps and other software will be discussed and demonstrated, including:

  • 10 different models of programing equipment on display and for hands-on demonstration
  • 5 different code cutting machines
  • All of the available Lishi picks, plus AccuReaders, Kobra Readers and others
  • Various different cloning units
  • Cool tools and tricks will be demonstrated and discussed

Bonus: Bring your car that needs an extra key; you will decode it, cut and program your own key for FREE
(limited number, first come-first serve). Contact one of the Svens at 215-442- 9191 with your vehicle info.
Student requirements – An open mind with a huge storage capacity and a notepad for the overload! Every
student taking this class will be a winner! A couple of students will be lucky winners of Lishi tools and other
giveaways.

About the instructors::
Sven K. Hellwig Sr., CRL is an old-school general locksmithing expert with 39 years auto experience and the
owner and operator of SKH Locksmiths & Security LLC / 1-800-WEUNLOCK shop and mobile service, services
multiple autos and motorcycles a month. Currently serves on the GPLA Board of Directors, Convention General
Chairman and instructor for many years. Sven is a two-time Herman Henssler Jr. and Lee Rognon Award
recipient.
Sven K. Hellwig Jr. is a general locksmithing and motorcycle expert with lifelong exposure to locksmithing, 10
years auto and bike experience, 7 years electronic experience. Sven is one of the few locksmith techs in the
country that can EEProm and generate high security motorcycle and other vehicle keys from manufacturers like
Ducati, Aprillia, KTM’s, Moto Guzi, Vespa and others. Partner and co-operator SKH Locksmiths & Security LLC /
1-800- WE-UNLOCK, main auto tech servicing 50+ motorcycles and dozens of cars per month. GPLA shop
member and instructor.
Paul J. Kline, RL is a general locksmithing, auto and Lishi expert with lifelong exposure to locksmithing. Paul
has over 28 years automotive experience, is the owner and operator of Lightning Locksmith Mobil Service
servicing 50+ cars and motorcycles per month. Paul is known for being a regional expert with the Lishi tool, so
ask him many questions and pick his brain so that you can do the same. Currently serving as GPLA Board of
Director, is a GPLA Instructor and Herman Henssler Jr. Award recipient.
John Paul Williams, CRL is a general locksmithing and auto (GM & other models) expert with over 23 years
automotive experience, owner and operator of Answered Prayer Locksmithing operating multiple mobile service
vehicles out of the Lancaster area, servicing dozens of cars (all makes & models) monthly. Currently serving as
GPLA Board of Director, GPLA Convention Education Chairman for many years now, is a GPLA instructor and
Herman Henssler Jr. Award recipient. John doesn’t only work magic with automotive vehicles, he is also quite
an accomplished magician, ask him to show you a trick or two and allow him to amaze you.

Back To Top